Welcome to the DISCOVER MAIN STREET FUN RIDE!
We are departing from the Clarence Hollow Farmers Market at 10:00 a.m. this Saturday. Riding your bicycle can be such fun. This ride was created to help show community support for a bike-friendly Main Street. By riding your bike you are demonstrating that we can be known as a bike friendly community with plenty of great courteous people and many great places to put a foot down and visit on your bicycle. Thanks in advance for your help in making our ride a grand success!
Here are a few tips to help ensure you have a fun and safe ride:
- AIR. Pinch your tires to check for firmness before you ride
- BRAKES. Make sure they work and are not rubbing the tire
- CRANK/CHAIN. Any problems with your gears or chain? Take it over to Cycles Plus or Bert’s to have a pre-ride safety check before you ride. Both are providing free safety checks for our riders.Check it over – Check your entire bike over for anything loose or damaged.
Obey the Rules of the Road:
- #1 RULE – Be aware of your surroundings!
- Obey traffic signals, stop signs and NYS law
- Ride in a straight line
- Ride to the right on the side with traffic as seems most reasonably safe
- Ride single file or no more than two abreast
- Announce your pass “On your LEFT!” when overtaking slower riders
- Point out to help those behind you avoid potholes, storm drain etc…
- Use hand signals for turning, stopping and slowing
- Be courteous
- Anticipate traffic patterns
- Stay a car doors length away from parked cars
Helmets and attire:
- Always wear a properly fitting helmet
- Don’t wear loose clothing; it can get caught in the chain etc…
- Wear Reflective clothing
- Consider comfortable bike shorts, shoes, eyewear and gloves